Labor Day is just around the corner and people are planning to flock to the nearest beach, lake or weekend getaway spot for the last hoorah of summer. For tourist destinations, this means great business all weekend long, whereas hometown restaurants and stores are stuck searching for a way to make sales.
Here’s some advice: Make social media your ally during holidays and slower business days throughout the week. By providing an incentive, such as a free appetizer or discounted piece of clothing, and then promoting it using Facebook Offer Claim ads, you can increase in-store traffic and revenue.
Creating a Facebook Offer Claim is easy. Follow along below to create your next offer claim.
1. Log in to your Facebook Ads Manager. Click “Create Ad” in the upper right hand corner.
2. Click the “Offer Claims” button, choose your page and click the “+” button to create a new offer.
3. Create a Title and add a short description of your offer. If you are having a special graphic created for your offer claim, which I suggest you do, make sure to keep the dimensions 1200×627. Click “Next.”
4. This is where you designate when your offer will expire, or stop being shown to the public. You will also set the terms and conditions and select from any of Facebook’s advanced options. Advanced options include the opportunity to add a redemption link, require and provide a code and even limit on how many people can claim the offer. Be careful to note exact details of the Offer Claim here. For example, if your goal is to get people in store and make sales during Labor Day weekend, mention that this offer claim is only redeemable during the weekend. Click “Next.”
5. Finally, you’ve reached the last step of the Facebook Offer Claim setup page. Your ad will automatically be sent to the e-mail address associated with your Facebook account for you to preview. Click “Post Offer” and you are in business.
Interested in learning more about Facebook Offer Claims or Facebook Ads Manager? Let’s talk. Tweet me at @whatupTUT.