Some people might say that social media is a distraction from your work, but here at Dream System Solutions, we think that social media can be used to increase your productivity! Whether you’re looking for ways to efficiently collaborate with your employees, how to measure your online success or better marketing methods, there are so many different niches in social media that there seems to be a platform for anything you want to achieve. Here are a few suggestions of some of my favorite tools to use to help improve your productivity.
- Yammer: Software that is used by more than 200,000 companies worldwide, including 85% of the Fortune 500, can’t be wrong. Think of Yammer as your own in-house social media network, which is available for your desktop and smartphone. No one likes sitting through meetings, so you can use Yammer to have conversations, group discussions, share files, give deadlines, ask for feedback and more. The chat feature is reminiscent of AOL chat, and Yammer even incorporates the use of hashtags. I once worked for a company in which you would “clock in” and “clock out” with the use of a hashtag in Yammer. All in all, it’s simple software to keep your office connected.
- HipChat: If you’re looking for a different kind of in-house chatroom, HipChat is gaining traction as a contender to Yammer, being used by brands such as Pinterest, TED and Wired. In HipChat, you have all the features of group and individual messages, but you can also bring in guests. If you have a vendor your work with, simply add them to one of your message strings to keep them in the know. And everyone likes to have a little fun at work, so incorporate some of the 150 emoticons and memes available into your messages! The fact that the chat history is searchable is a big plus, too.
- Nimble: Nimble pulls your contacts into one place so you can engage them across any channel, whether it be LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, email or more. Through Nimble, you can connect not only your contacts, but also your calendars, emails and social communications, in addition to being able to listen and engage. What I like about Nimble is that all of your social media can be viewed through one screen. Instead of hopping from Facebook to Twitter to LinkedIn, you can view all three in one place, which saves you time.
- Glyder: Glyder was created with the small business owner in mind, allowing owners to communicate with their customers easily and quickly. Glyder can format your marketing message for Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, email, text message, MailChimp and more, all from a free iPhone app. You simply choose a template, apply a style, add your message or offer and distribute it, which is great if you want to send something out spontaneously from an event or trade show. Ask for engagement, send out today’s special or simply say thank you with this easy app.
- PitchEngine: If you want to get the word out about something, sometimes an email attachment just won’t do. PitchEngine makes it easy to create quick, engaging content for a sales flyer, press release or announcement that’s attractive and modern. You can share your “Pitch” with friends, customers and online influencers via social media and manage your account with multiple logins and an easy-to-use dashboard. If you want to gain traction with an announcement, it’s always good to create something eye-catching, new and different, which is what PitchEngine aims to do.
What social media tools do you like to use to help increase your productivity?