Social media is popular. I’m sure that comes as a surprise to no one. But just how popular is it and will it continue to stick around? Here are some interesting and eye-opening stats.
- 32 percent of US companies with more than 100 employees will use Instagram for marketing. However, by 2017, that number will jump to 71 percent.
- During the Democratic presidential debate, there were a combined 572,101 mentions of Hillary Clinton & Bernie Sander’s Twitter handles.
- It is forecasted that Sponsored Selfie Filters on Snapchat will reach 16 million viewers per day and the maximum price will be $700,000.
- During its user-generated content effort (#PFChangsPink), P.F. Chang’s saw a 1,300 percent increase in UGC over the first eight days.
- Somewhere between 60 and 70 percent of Snapchat viewers stop viewing an ad on the platform after just 3 seconds.
Which of these forecasts will come true? Which platforms will advertising stick around on?