Social media conferences are a great way to network with like-minded professionals across the country, learn about different successful campaign strategies and move with the curve when it comes to new trends and emerging technologies in the industry. This two-part list will highlight one social media conference per month in 2014 that’s worth sending your staff. Stay tuned for the second part of my list next month!
February 17-21: Social Media Week (New York)
- Why You Should Go: You’ll have the opportunity to sit in on 35 master classes, network with elite professionals in the tech industry and learn how companies are adapting to the shift in communication for B2B and B2C.
- Who Will Be There: Found and CEO of BuzzFeed, Jonah Peretti; CEO of Meetup, Scott Heiferman; Creative Director and R&D Lab of the New York Times, Alexis Lloyd among others.
- Registration: $29-$999
- Stay Connected: Follow the conference’s handle, @smwnyc, and join their circle on Google+.
March 26-28: Social Media Marketing World (San Diego)
- Why You Should Go: More than 80 sessions discussing topics from content creation to social strategy from major brand presenters from companies like LinkedIn, Whole Foods and Discover.
- Who Will Be There: President of Convince & Convert and author of Youtility, Jay Baer; CEO and author of Social Media Examiner, Michael Stelzner; Leading social media strategist and co-author of Facebook Marketing: An Hour a Day, Mari Smith among others.
- Registration: $1,297
- Stay Connected: Follow the account presented by Social Media Examiner at @smexaminer using #SMMW14.
April 2-4: 2nd Annual Social Media for PR and Corporate Communications Conference (Disney World in Lake Buena Vista, Florida)
- Why You Should Go: Hosted by Ragan Communications and Public Relations Society of America, this conference features workshops and three tracks revolving around Internal Communications and Social Media, PR Marketing and Social Media and Advanced Social Media Strategies.
- Who Will Be There: Aside from big names like Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Director of Social Media and Digital Marketing of Whole Foods Market, Natanya Anderson; Senior Communication Consultant at Northwestern Mutual, Peter Balistrieri; Creative Manager for Social Marketing at American Airlines, Jon Bird among others.
- Registration: $1,195
- Stay Connected: Use #ragandisney for all information and news about the conference.
May 15: Westchester Digital Summit (White Plains, New York)
- Why You Should Go: This one day event brings together more than 350 digital business influencers and leaders to focus attention on outbound marketing from social media.
- Who Will Be There: CEO and Co-Founder of Vayner Media, Gary Vaynerchuk; Sales Director of Facebook, Brett Wien; Global Director of Social Business of IBM, Tami Cannizzaro among others.
- Registration: $250-$450
- Stay Connected: Follow @WDSummit on Twitter.
June 16-17: The Corporate Social Media Summit (New York)
- Why You Should Go: This summit is perfect for senior marketing, social media and communication executives looking to drive business growth and have a competitive advantage over competitors by engaging in more than 25 industry debates around key issues and opportunities.
- Who Will Be There: Chief Customer Officer of MetLIfe, Claire M. Burns, Chief Marketing Officer of Century 21, Bev Thorne; Chief Marketing and Chief Corporate Communications Officer of L’Oréal Canada, Marie-Josée Lamothe .
- Registration: $1,395-$2,195
- Stay Connected: Use #CSMNY for news and information.