StrataBlue’s Director of Digital Media Marketing, Julie Perry, has two speaking engagements on social marketing topics next week, both on Tuesday, December 16th. One is live and one is virtual, but the thing they both have in common is that they fall on a very special day for this digital marketing maven: Dec 16th is also her 40th birthday. (Happy birthday, Julie!)
Direct Marketing IQ Teams Up with StrataBlue and Act-On Software to Present Social Media Marketing Tips
If you don’t live in or near Indianapolis, you can join Julie for an online webinar with Direct Marketing IQ — a company associated with Target Market Magazine.
Here’s the scoop:
- What: Aligning Your Social Media Strategies with Your Other Channels Webinar — part of the Direct Marketing IQ “Brunch and Learn” Series
- Who: Julie Perry of StrataBlue and Paige Musto, Director of Communications at Act-On Software — a marketing automation software platform. Direct Marketing IQ’s Senior Content Editor, Melissa Ward, will moderate.
- When: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 at 12:30pm ET/9:30am PT
- Duration/Cost: 45 minutes/FREE
- Where: Register now to attend online!
- What topics will be covered:
As of January 2014, 74 percent of Internet users are active on social networks, according to Pew Research. That percent, which has surely grown over the past 12 months, proves that social media is not a channel marketers can ignore. But how do you coordinate social strategies with the other channels you market in? Digital marketing expert Julie Perry will answer this question and more.
In this fast-paced webinar over your lunch hour, you’ll learn how to blend social media marketing strategies with your existing outbound and direct marketing campaigns to:
* Amp up your direct mail campaigns by bringing prospects online and engaging them with sharable content.
* Give your online marketing efforts a boost by amplifying killer content and special offers on LinkedIn.
* Maximize your next tradeshow or networking event by harnessing the power of Twitter and Twitter Lists.
* Grow your email list and increase brand engagement with social media contests.
Following Julie’s presentation, Paige Musto of Act-On will share a 5-minute case study titled “Social Media Strategies to Drive Website Leads.”
Indy Smartups Brings in Douglas Karr, Kevin Mullett and Julie Perry to Create the Ultimate Startup Marketing Toolkit
If you ARE based in the Indianapolis area, you don’t want to miss this month’s Indy Smartups Meeting!
Here’s the scoop:
- What: Creating the Ultimate Startup Marketing Toolkit – December Indy Smartups Meet-up
- Who: Douglas Karr of DK New Media and Marketing Tech Blog; Kevin Mullet Director of Visibility and Social Media at Cirrus ABS, and Julie Perry of StrataBlue
- When: Tuesday, December 16, 2014 @ 6:00 PM
- Duration/Cost: See schedule further below; usually wraps by 8PM/Cost is FREE and beer & food available
- Where: The Speak Easy: 5255 Winthrop Avenue, Indianapolis, IN (map)
- What topics will be covered:
All of use tools in our online marketing. Whether its ad platforms, research tools, monitoring systems, email and CRM service providers, or even social networks, the list of marketing tools is evolving all the time. Well, Indy Smartups wants to create the “Ultimate Startup Marketing Toolkit for Smartups,” and to do that, they are bringing in some experts to help lead the group discussion.
Even before that though, registrants for this event are going to fill out a survey at sign in order to add their recommendations. And then, on Tuesday evening, December 16th, Douglas Karr, who runs the Marketing Tech Blog and is the king of all things relating to marketing tools, will lead a discussion with Julie Perry and Kevin Mullett, Director of Visibility and Social Media at Cirrus ABS, on the pros and cons of the popular tools, how to use them and the obscure tools you don’t know about that can help your startup. It’s going to be a great night…Don’t miss it!
There will be free beer and free food (provided by Nameless Catering) – and, as always, free knowledge will be freely dispensed.
What’s the schedule?
* 6:00 – We kick things off with food and a beverage.
* 6:20 – Doug Karr leads discussion on marketing tools.
* 7:20ish – Workshop: What’s in your startup toolkit?
* 7:45ish – Eat, drink and mingle.
More About Indy Smartups
Indy Smartups is for anyone in Indianapolis interested in or working on marketing for startups. It’s the place to be for meeting and learning from other Indy entrepreneurs and marketers. Whether you’ve founded a startup or market at a startup, you’re bound to take away valuable tips, meet new people, and have a good time at our monthly meetup. So join us and find out how to take startup marketing to the smartups level!
There’s a lot of learning ahead of you with regard to social media tactics and tools if you choose to take the path. Be sure to catch our knowledgeable digital-media marketing director, Julie Perry, at one (or both!) of these information-packed events next Tuesday, December 16th! Our team learns a ton from her 13 years’ experience helping brands of all sizes decide where to go next on their digital journey. Now it’s your turn.